Oxfam is committed to ridding the world of poverty and injustice. We have a conviction that people are capable of building a livelihood without poverty on their own, once given the chance to do so. Which is why we support local projects in developing countries, why we lobby governments and companies to take into account the interests of the poorest people, and why we campaign to involve citizens in our work. We work together with other Oxfam affiliates to increase our impact on development and humanitarian work.
Oxfam’s vision for Tunisia is that citizens, especially women and youth, are active to reduce gender and socio-economic inequalities in a framework of rule of law and an accountable state. The strategy focuses on gender justice, governance of socio-economic policies and civil society space.
Oxfam is looking for a Program Officer Governance
- Type of contract: Fixed term contract
- Contract Duration: One year (renewable depending on staff performance and project funding)
- Working hours: Full time (40hours/week)
- Salary & Conditions: According to Oxfam Salary scale and Oxfam HR policy and conditions in Tunisia.
- Reporting line: Tunisia Program Manager
- Starting date: As soon as possible.
Objectives of the position
In close co-operation with the Oxfam Program team in Tunisia, you will contribute to the implementation of the Oxfam country strategy for 2015-2019, including further developing the Oxfam program in governance of economic and social policies, which focuses on addressing inequalities with interventions on tax justice, participation in decision making on budget expenditure and the decentralization process. You will lead program development, fundraising and implementation on the above mentioned topics together with local civil society organizations as well as ensure close cooperation with relevant advocacy and campaigns staff in terms of influencing work. You will also proactively co-create joint programs on Maghreb and MENA level on this topic, as well as link to global programs.
Main tasks of the position
- PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT: You will lead the further development and management of programs on governance with a focus on budget monitoring/ tax justice/ decentralization as well as youth; working closely with local partners and building relations with other stakeholders in Tunisia and the region. You will pay special attention to ensuring the program integrates influencing, in close cooperation with relevant colleagues across Oxfam.
- FUNDRAISING: You will actively engage in discussions with partners and other stakeholders on fostering funding opportunities with institutional donors, for example by developing multi-actor programs and funding proposals.
- MONITORING, EVALUATION, ACCOUNTABILITY AND LEARNING (MEAL): you will design and implement MEAL framework of projects and programs with partners according to Oxfam’s standards and donors requirements.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Within the program framework, you will supervise the Project officers’ close work with partners to develop, implement, monitor, and evaluate projects as well as the identification of improvement needs in organizational capacity and support partners in capacity development. You will oversee the coordination of their capacity building plan and possible organization and facilitation of capacity development processes for partners.
- REPORTING: You will supervise that the narrative reporting and, in cooperation with the financial officer, financial reporting and audits are met in line with donor requirements and Oxfam policies and procedures. As such, you will ensure with the Project officer the contribution to Oxfam’s annual planning and reporting, in addition to ensuring reporting to specific donors. You ensure that sound relationships with donors at operational level are maintained, working closely with the Financial Officer and the Institutional Funding Officer. You will supervise proper registration of program information and results in our administrative system and that (digital) archiving of project activities is correctly done and maintained.
You will be contracted by Oxfam Novib according to Tunisian labor legislation with a competitive, fair and comprehensive pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors.