Oxfam is committed to ridding the world of poverty and injustice. We have a conviction that people are capable of building a livelihood without poverty on their own, once given the chance to do so. Which is why we support local projects in developing countries, why we lobby governments and companies to take into account the interests of the poorest people, and why we campaign to involve citizens in our work. We work together with other Oxfam affiliates to increase our impact on development and humanitarian work.
Oxfam’s vision for Tunisia is that citizens, especially women and youth, are active to reduce gender and socio-economic inequalities in a framework of rule of law and an accountable state. The strategy focuses on gender justice, governance of socio-economic policies and civil society space.
Oxfam is looking for a Program Officer Governance of socioeconomic policies
Objectives of the position
In close co-operation with Oxfam’s program team in Tunisia, you will contribute to the implementation of Oxfam’s country strategy for 2015-2019, including further developing the Oxfam program on Governance of socioeconomic policies, with a main focus on fiscal justice, inequalities and financing for development. You will lead program development, fundraising and implementation on the above mentioned topics together with local civil society organizations as well as ensure close cooperation with relevant advocacy and campaigns staff in terms of influencing work. You will also proactively co-create joint programs on Maghreb and MENA level on this topic, as well as link to global programs.
- Type of contract: Fixed term contract
- Contract Duration: One year (renewable depending on staff performance and project funding)
- Working hours: Full time (40hours/week)
- Location: Based in Tunis
- Salary & Conditions: According to Oxfam Salary scale and Oxfam HR policy and conditions in Tunisia.
- Reporting line: Tunisia Program Manager
- Staff reporting to this post : Project officer(s)
- Starting date: As soon as possible.
Main tasks of the position
Program development and positioning (30%)
- Lead development of the program in accordance with Oxfam’s program lifecycle procedures, working closely with local partners and building relations with other stakeholders in country
- Ensure the program integrates influencing and gender, in close cooperation with relevant colleagues in country and across the Oxfam confederation
- Ensure visibility of Oxfam’s programs in institutional communication and fundraising efforts
Institutional funding / project development (20%)
- Engage in discussions with partners and other stakeholders on fostering funding opportunities with institutional donors
- Write/develop/coordinate project proposals, including deployment of resources
- Responsible for documenting track records of projects in his/her portfolio
- Contribute in the identification of potential donors according to the strategic priorities of the country program
Project Management (20%)
- Ensure projects are developed and implemented in accordance with Oxfam’s project lifecycle framework
- Ensure supervision of the overall reporting process of projects, in line with donor requirements and Oxfam policies and procedures
- Ensure uploading of program information and results in Oxfam’s administrative system and that (digital) archiving of project activities is correctly done and maintained
- Oversee the coordination of partners’ capacity building plan and possible organization and facilitation of capacity development processes for partners.
- Responsible for institutional donors contract management.
Monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning (10%)
- Design, in cooperation with relevant colleagues, the MEAL framework of the program together with partners according to Oxfam’s standards and donors requirements.
- Ensures implementation of the MEAL at program level
People management (10%)
- Supervise the daily work of project(s) officer(s) in his/her team working with partners to develop, implement, monitor, and evaluate projects
- Foresee development plans with staff under her/his supervision, setting of objectives and appraisal system
Thematic and/or influencing priorities (10%)
- Initiate the elaboration and implementation of thematic policy priorities in line Oxfam’s priorities
- Explore and implement opportunities to connect to global campaigning work touching on the program,
- Take part in relevant Oxfam working and project groups, primarily in terms of thematic knowledge and influencing, with input from partner organisations, and is capable of fulfilling the role of project leader.
Technical skills, experience and knowledge required for the position