Purpose of the function
The Program Manager is a dynamic and strong personality with high standards on norms and values. He/she is an inspiring coach for his/her team, knows his/her way with budget steering and has experience in running an office day to day. He/she has excellent networking skills and knows how to build and maintain relationships with donors. He/she is also able to work in a political environment .
In coordination with the Maghreb Director, the Program Manager leads in designing effective strategies and development programmes to improve governance, active citizenship, gender justice and civil society space in Tunisia. He/she ensures quality delivery of a number of externally funded programs. The Program Manager contributes to delivering the Oxfam Country Strategy (OCS) for Tunisia as part of the Maghreb Cluster strategy. He/she will report to the Maghreb Director.
- Ensure the development and delivery of the Oxfam Maghreb strategy for Tunisia;
- Ensure and be accountable for the quality design, implementation, management and monitoring of the Oxfam program in the Tunisia. This includes accomplishing programme and project objectives,monitoring the progress of the Tunisia strategy and annual plan including the planning andmonitoring, evaluation and learning aspects, related to both the management of Oxfam budget forpartner support, and the development and management of externally funded programs andmanaging potential constraints such as: costs, time, scope and quality;
- Contribute to the strategic reflections on Oxfam’s program work in the Maghreb region and to enhancing cross-Maghreb dynamics.
- Manage the Oxfam program team in Tunisia, and in general be responsible for HR tasks in relation to the team (staff coaching & development, day to day line-management, etc). Thisincludes having work meetings, co-ordinating and advising on the recruitment and selection processes for new program staff, team building, etc.);
- Provide a steer to Program Officers on their respective programs and ensure linking and learning happens between the members of the team, and within the organization. Also promote linking & learning between counterparts and key stakeholders;
- Actively participate in the Maghreb multi-Country Cluster management team.
- Actively seek and participate in fundraising initiatives and negotiate funding opportunities for the Maghreb programs. Develop and implement projects and programs that potential back-donors could finance. Actively engage in discussions with partners and other stakeholders on fostering external funding opportunities.
- Ensure adherence to the Oxfam code of conduct, security guidelines and health & safety.
- Ensure adherence and compliance of the country program to agreed Oxfam policies and management standards.
- As needed, represent Oxfam in relevant fora and meetings with donors, partners or other stakeholders in relation to the Maghreb program.
A local contract with a competitive, fair and comprehensive pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors.