Oxfam is committed to ridding the world of poverty and injustice. We have a conviction that people are capable of building a livelihood without poverty on their own, once given the chance to do so. Which is why we support local projects in developing countries, why we lobby governments and companies to take into account the interests of the poorest people, and why we campaign to involve citizens in our work. We work together with other Oxfam affiliates to increase our impact on development and humanitarian work.
Oxfam’s vision for Tunisia is that citizens, especially women and youth, are active to reduce gender and socio-economic inequalities in a framework of rule of law and an accountable state. The strategy focuses on gender justice, governance of socio-economic policies and civil society space.
Oxfam is looking for a
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer
Objectives of the position
Coordinate the development and implementation of the Monitoring, Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) framework for country programs and projects. Contribute to concept notes, proposals and donors’ reporting obligations.
- Type of contract : Fixed term contract
- Contract Duration : One year (renewable depending on staff performance and project funding)
- Working hours : Full time (40hours/week)
- Location : Based in Tunis
- Salary & Conditions : According to Oxfam Salary scale and HR policy and conditions in Tunisia.
- Reporting line : Program Manager
- Starting date : As soon as possible.
Main tasks of the position
MEAL systems design, implementation, reporting – 30%
- Support program teams to develop and establish, in consultation and collaboration with partners and allies, project MEAL systems
- Support program development efforts in setting up MEAL frameworks for country programs
- Support proposal development efforts by facilitating project co building sessions aimed at designing logics of interventions and logical frameworks
- Support the design and implementation of creative methods to track progress towards achieving gender equality in all program areas
- Ensure projects’ MEAL frameworks are implemented as planned, and adapted as needed following lessons learned from implementation or changes in the intervention logic and/or context. In collaboration with program team and together with external MEAL/research consultants, develop impact indicators and empowering methods of measurement –such as participatory action research, most significant change stories, constituency feedback committees, etc. Ensure scientific and statistically viable usage of a range of qualitative and quantitative data collection tools and methodologies to measure the project output, outcome and impact.
- Support the preparation and dissemination of high quality reports/ program documentation/ learning among key stakeholders in projects and programs, including other Oxfam countries, community and peer organizations, government agencies, universities, development organizations, donors, and the larger public.
Data collection and analysis – 35%
- Compile and analyze data – or manage consultants who do this – from each of the program areas
- Develop Terms of Reference for M&E technical consultants, support their recruitment and ensure proper monitoring of their work in the area of qualitative and quantitative data collection, database design, and other relevant activities.
- Support project officers in the analysis of data and effective integration of monitoring activities into project activity plans ensuring that all program staffs contribute to and assist in implementing the M&E activities.
- Conduct or organize baseline, progress assessments and end line evaluation based on program objectives for the use of current and future program activities.
Capacity building – 15%
- Regularly assess the needs and capacity of partners and staff to deliver on MEAL objectives at program and project levels, and build their capacity to deliver through coaching and mentoring.
Learning, knowledge management and sharing – 20%
- Assist the program staff and partners in extracting critical lessons learned as well as identifying and highlighting achievements of stated project objectives and outcomes.
- Organize annual learning events, facilitate reflective learning by stakeholders around program indicators and outcomes, and help with delivery of an Annual Impact Review for each program;