Oxfam is looking for a Human Resources Officer for its office in Tunisia, to provide efficient administrative and organizational support on Human Resources issues to the Country Office and HR Headquarters. To execute tasks relating to the Human Resources Management policies, strategies and procedures.
- Type of contract: Local fixed term contract
- Contract Duration: 12 months (renewable)
- Working hours: Full time (40 hours/week).
- Salary & Conditions: According to Oxfam salary scale and Oxfam HR policy and conditions in Tunisia.
- Reporting line: Business Support Manager
- Starting date: As soon as possible.
Oxfam is committed to ridding the world of poverty and injustice. We have a conviction that people are capable of building a livelihood without poverty on their own, once given the chance to do so. Which is why we support local projects in developing countries, why we lobby governments and companies to take into account the interests of the poorest people, and why we campaign to involve citizens in our work. We work together with other Oxfam affiliates to increase our impact on development and humanitarian work.
Oxfam’s vision for Tunisia is that citizens, especially women and youth, are active to reduce gender and socio-economic inequalities in a framework of rule of law and an accountable state. The Tunisia strategy focuses on gender justice, governance of socio-economic policies and civil society space.
2. Job Title
Human resources Officer
3. Objectives of the position
To provide efficient administrative and organizational support on Human Resources issues to the Country Office and HR Headquarters. To execute administrative tasks relating to the Human Resources Management policies, strategies and procedures.
4. Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- In charge of maintaining an effective HR filing system, staff lists and records, both electronically and in hard copy, with proper files for all personnel and consultants in accordance to HR policies and procedures. This includes maintenance of leave records;
- To ensure that Oxfam Novib meets requirements based on Human Resources Manual, the National Staff Terms and Conditions (NSTC) regulations and country specific regulations for staff on visa, work permits, (health) insurances etc. and coordinate all relevant processes;
- In consultation with the Business Support Manager, to draw up employment contracts for national staff. To keep records of all staff’s probationary periods and contract expiry dates and follow-up with relevant managers and with the Country director;
- To assist in the timely planning of performance and appraisal interviews by responsible line managers. Where applicable, assist national staff in working with the feedback tool;
- To maintain a training information system, keep track of staff trainings, support any related administrative activities etc. and keep contacts with (inter)national training institutes. Upon request of the BSM, to identify specific training possibilities for staff. Where necessary, collaborate with HQ HR department;
- Under the supervision of the BSM and HQ HR department, to give input for the regular review of the HR manual. To update the BSM and HR at HQ on matters of national labour laws. To answer, after consultation with the BSM or HR at HQ, questions from national staff on basic HR related issues and policies;
- In consultation with the BSM, to coordinate national recruitment procedures: elaborate job adverts, ensure publications, manage applications and coordinate recruitment interviews. To assist the BSM with logistics for international recruitments. To participate in recruitment interviews for national staff from an HR perspective;
- To ensure that line managers organize the induction of new staff members and giving support on that responsibility;
- To support expat staff and/or visitors in relocation process: support in search for accommodation, arrange security assessments, tracking of shipment of luggage, arrangements of visa etc.
- Responsible for the daily management of support staff performing all HR tasks, such as work meetings, performance interviews, accepting reports of absence and recovery and passing them on to HR, meetings on frequent absence, co-ordinating and advising on the recruitment and selection procedure
5. We offer
You will be contracted by Oxfam Novib according to Tunisian labour legislation with a competitive, fair and comprehensive pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors.