The Anna Lindh Euro-Mediterranean Foundation for the Dialogue between Cultures (www.annalindhfoundation.org) has a legal personality as an international organisation based in Alexandria (Egypt) and registered with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Arab Republic of Egypt.
The Foundation was created by the governments of the Euro-Mediterranean Partnership – the far-reaching political agreement established in 1995 between the European Union and its Southern Mediterranean partners with the purpose to bring people together from across the Mediterranean to improve mutual respect between cultures and to support civil society working for a common future for the region.
To fulfil this objective, the Foundation leads regional initiatives in the Euro-Med region and supports local activities carried out by civil society organisations which advocate a better understanding among people, religions and beliefs. The Foundation works as Network of Networks in the 42 Euro-Mediterranean countries.
The Foundation is co-funded by the European Commission and the 42 countries of the Union for the Mediterranean and its contracting procedures are in line with the EU procedures stipulated in the Practical Guide to Contract procedures for EU external actions.
The Anna Lindh Foundation seeks for recruitment, as of 1 October 2014 (provisional date), one Head of Administration and Finance Unit.
Head of Administration and Finance Unit International Post
General Management Duties
- -Assisting the Executive Director in implementing the strategic goals of the ALF and giving direction and leadership towards achieving its mandate and objectives.
- -Replacing the Executive Director and representing the ALF in his/her absence or as per delegation of tasks.
- -Day-to-day management of ALF Headquarters in Alexandria with responsibilities regarding the budgetary and financial dimensions of all the ALF Operations.
- -Planning and allocating resources to effectively staff and accomplish the ALF work.
- -Planning, evaluating, and improving the efficiency of processes and procedures to enhance speed, quality, efficiency, and output.
- -Establishing and maintaining relevant controls and feedback systems to monitor the operations of the Unit.
- -Ensuring that all the ALF decisions are taken in accordance with approved Manuals of Procedures and in line with approved work plans.
- -Ensuring proper communication flows and reporting inwards and outwards notably towards donors.
- -Preparing timely management information.
Specific Duties and Accountabilities
- -Preparing the forecasted budget for the ALF Triennial Programme and the Annual Work-Plans, in collaboration with the Head of Programme and Operations Unit.
- -Providing financial reporting and financial information for the ALF Management, the Board of Governors and the EC.
- -Producing monthly financial statements and providing effective financial advice to the Executive Director.
- -Contributing to the overall Foundation’s implementation strategy and operations as the Head of Unit responsible for the contracts and finance.
- -Supervising the execution of the budget in line with the generally accepted accounting rules and proposing sound financial solutions to ALF operational challenges.
- -Preparing ALF activities financial planning against the funds made available by the Member States, the European Union and/or other donors.
- -Developing and updating ALF’s rules and procedures and the manuals describing adequate systems of internal control.
- -Ensuring the financial validation of procedures proposed in the framework of the Foundation Programme implementation and its relevant financial transactions.
- -Maintaining an efficient control and software records of ALF funds and assets.
- -Being responsible of the financial and contractualdimension of the monitoring and evaluation of projects implementation and ensuring the payments related to them.
- -Serving as the principal contact and coordinator with audit bodies, providing them with the necessary assistance.
- -Signing on matters related to « Purchase and Procurement Orders » for supplies and services in compliance with the articles of the manual of procedures.
- -Being joint signatory authority on payments (checks, transfers) beside the Executive Director.
- -Managing the development of procurement policies and procedures and providing recommendations based on the EU and donors’ regulations.
- -Supporting the ALF Units by carrying out the appropriate procedures for the procurement of goods and services of the best value, best quality at best prices to meet the Programme’s needs.
- -Developing and implementing international donors’ procurement tools and methodologies.
- -Leading the procurement team in processing duties,plans and allocating work assignments, implementing and monitoring bid schedule.
- -Ensuring the process of drafting tender dossiers and serving as Chairperson for evaluation committee meetings and announcing the awarded contracts, contacting the awarded contractors, and following up contract management till the expiration of the contract.
- -Monitoring the quality of procurement work team’s output, reviewing all contracts prior to its execution.
- -Collaborating with other Heads of Unit to maximisethe use of staff resources and ensure efficient overall planning.
- -Developing and delivering training in procurement and contracting procedures to the staff and ALF beneficiaries. Sub-granting Scheme Management:
- -Developing and monitoring the guidelines for applicants and launching calls for proposals, coordinating the evaluation process, serving as Chairperson for evaluation committee meetings and ensuring the follow up on contract.
Human Resources Management:
- -Developing the Human Resources policy and ensuringits implementation.
- -Supervising the development of the Internship Programme Guidelines.
- -Reporting to the Executive Director, regularly, onHR issues.
- -Drafting the calls for candidatures and ensuring the follow up of employment contracts.
- -Ensuring that local laws and corporate policies are consistently and fairly implemented.
- -Serving as Chairperson for ALF internal evaluationcommittee meetings.
- -Monitoring the regular maintenance of the personnel files and ensuring the periodical performance appraisal review.
- -Responsible for updating the Manual of Procedures,the Mission Guide and the Personnel Procedures and Policy Manual.
- -Liaising with the EU, the Euro-Med member States and other donors to review agreements and receiving financial contributions and agreements.
- -Ensuring the sound collaboration with the EgyptianAuthorities (i.e. social insurance department, tax authority etc.).
- -Serving as the principal contact with ALF legal advisor.
- -Carrying out other duties assigned by the Executive Director.